Penn Cove Musselfest
March 4, 2018 @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
An event every day that begins at 10:00am, repeating until March 4, 2018
Each March Coupeville goes happily crazy for mussels –
The Penn Cove MusselFest!
Nourished by the outflow of the Skagit River, the mussels of Penn Cove grow quickly, reaching “dinner-size” at a relatively young age, making Penn Cove mussels a cut above your typical blue mussel. The mighty mollusk is served both locally and in fine restaurants as far away as New York City.
The festival features:
- Tours to the rafts where the mussels grow
- A competition among local restaurants for the best mussel dish where locals and visitors can sample the dish and vote for their favorite. 2017 restaurants to be announced
- Mussel-cooking demonstrations at the Coupeville Rec Hall from local and regional chefs. The 2017 schedule is to be announced.
- Contests to see who’s the fastest at eating a bowl of mussels – Saturday and Sunday at 3:00 p.m.
- A Saturday celebration of mussels and music that starts during the day and lasts into the night
Do you have an event you would like us to consider for our calendar? Please email the information along with images to email@example.com.