The Haunting of Coupeville
Here’s a quick list of all the events. You can find out more at the official website here…
- Scarecrow Corridor – throughout Coupeville
- Weary Bones Rest Stop Graveyard – near the Rec. Hall at Coveland and Alexander Street
- Corn Maze – 10 am to 5 pm Daily. Park at Ebey Bowl & Diner and enter. $5, children under 8 are free. On October 16, 17, 23, 24, 30, 31 the maze will be appropriately “spooked!”
- Where’s Ebey – Isaac Ebey is hiding and your job is to find him.
Throughout October Wednesday thru Friday
Sherman Pioneer Farms Pumpkin Patch and Trolly Ride
- Harvestfest at the Farmers Market – Coupeville’s venerable farmers market takes on a decidedly fall look with late season vegetables. It’s the last chance to buy locally grown produce. There’s also relay races to raise money for Gifts from the Heart Food Bank.
- Giant Pumpkin Contest at the Farmers Market 11:00 a.m. to Noon – Prizes for the biggest, prettiest, and ugliest pumpkins and zucchini.
- Adults Only PumpkinCarving – Heh, heh, it’s time for the power tools! Sherman’s Pioneer Farm, on Terry Road. Choose 2:00 p.m. or 4:00 p.m.
October 23, 24
Fort Casey’s Haunted Fort!
A family-friendly haunting of Battery Ruben Turman at Whidbey’s Fort Casey is the main event at this new feature for the Haunting of Coupeville. Food, face painting, a children’s maze, ring toss, ghost stories in the lighthouse, and more will keep the kids busy with Halloween fun!
October 16, 17, 23, 24, 30, 31
- Haunted Corn Maze (see above)
- Haunted Barn – Bring your courage and $10 to the Sherman’s Pioneer Farm
- Haunted Barn (lite), October 18-29, For families and small children, we turn down the fright a bit for families with young children. $5 per person at Sherman’s Pioneer Farm
October 23 to 30
Carved Pumpkin Contest
Just how creative are you? Pick up a coupon for a free pumpkin at the shops in Historic Coupeville, take it to Sherman’s farm and show off your carving skills. Bring your finished pumpkin to the Coupeville Chamber of Commerce, 905 Northwest Alexander for display around town until October 30th. Winning entries get trophies!
Halloween Costume 5K & 1 Mile Run/Walk and Festival – registration starts at 8:30 am for this 10:0 a.m. fun run. For more information check here…
Halloween Torchlight Parade and Fall Festival
- 4:45 pm – Costume judging at Cook’s Corner Park (9th St. & Main)
- 5:00 pm – Parade
- 5:45 pm – Right after the parade, fun games and activities at the Coupeville Elementary Schoo’s Annual Fall Festival.
Coupeville’s Great Pumpkin Race – Let em roll! This time the pumpkins “sprout” wheels in a single-elimination winner-take-all pumpkin race. 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Alexander between Coveland and Front Streets.
Haunted Houses of Annapolis
A guided tour through the town that’s just too hard to leave, even for the dead. 5:30 p.m. Coupeville Library, 788 NW Alexander
Halloween Dance and Benefit
Coupeville Rec Hall. $10 suggested donation for those in costume, if you’re not in costume, it $20. The dance is to benefit Central Whidbey Hearts and Hammers.