Check here to learn about highway and ferry alerts.
The highway from I-5 to Camano Island to close for two weeks starting August 11.
Here are the detours.
Starting on Friday, August 11, crews are closing part of S.R. 532 for about two weeks. The closure is from 36th Ave. NW (about 2 miles west of I-5) to 72nd Ave. NW in Stanwood. That’s a distance of about 2 1/2 miles. People driving cars should allow an extra 10 minutes to negotiate the detours.
However, RV and truck drivers will have a larger detour – through Conway. You should take I-5 to Conway – 8.4 miles north of the S.R. 532 exit, and then travel south on the Pioneer Highway to Stanwood.
30 Miles of (Mostly) Nighttime Repaving on Whidbey Island
Work Going on Now Through Fall
Work is underway to give the highway through the heart of Whidbey Island a much-needed re-paving. Give yourself an extra 30 minutes if you’re traveling up and down the island and have a deadline, especially between 7 p.m. and 7 a.m.
Daytime interruptions will be kept to a minimum, but drivers will want to watch for traffic signs.
Here’s the upcoming work schedule from the DOT as of 7/27/17:
- The work area is between Bayview Road (Bayview) and Bob Galbreath (Clinton).
- The work areas for next week (July 31 – August 4) are:
- SR 525 from Bob Galbreath Road in Clinton to just past Coles Road
- SR 20 through Coupeville from Jacobs Road to Holbrook Road
- Work will begin on small paving projects at various intersections along SR 525 & SR 20.You can always check for changes or updates at this link…