On this page:
- •SR 20 near the Coupeville Ferry Dock
- • Sharpes Corner
- • Clinton Ferry Dock Passenger Pick-up
Paving Work Near Coupeville Ferry
Paving resurfacing continues on State Route 20 from the Coupeville Ferry Terminal to the intersection with State Route 525. People driving to take the ferry should either leave earlier or plan for alternate routes.
The Washington Department of Transportation says,"Crews need hot temperatures for these materials to combine, so all resurfacing work will happen during weekday daytime hours. Travelers should expect significant delays – even 45 minutes or more during peak travel times – behind the moving work zone. Flaggers and a pilot car will alternate travelers through the area."
Sharpes Corner Reconstruction Nearly Done
Construction (at least the big stuff) is finished at Sharpes Corner!
The intersection of SR 20 where, just before Anacortes, it turns left to head south to Whidbey Island, is finished undergoing a major overhaul.
What had been a traffic light, is now a two lane roundabout, eliminating what had been a dangerous backup in the left turn lane heading to Whidbey Island.
Some time this fall crews will be back to instal landscaping.
Drive safely, watch for bicyclists, deer, and pedestrians.
Island County Paving
Island County Paving Map
Clinton Ferry Dock
Passenger Pick Up Area
Mid to Late 2018
Washington’s DOT will be improving the passenger pick-up area at the Clinton Ferry Dock in the summer or fall of 2018. The changes are:
- Widen Ferry Dock road so drivers no longer block the road when picking up or dropping off ferry customers.
- Add a separate pick up and drop off zone, with a thru lane and pedestrian platform with a shelter and bench.
- Improve sidewalks in the area and ensure that they are ADA compliant.
- Include a new retaining wall on Columbia Beach drive.