Who We Are
This site is owned and operated by the Tourism Joint Administration Board, a county-wide board of 18 volunteers dedicated to promoting tourism throughout Whidbey and Camano Islands. It is comprised of officials from the county’s chambers of commerce and lodging. We are a non-profit and funded through a two percent lodging tax and occasional grants.
The meetings are held on the first Thursday of each month and are open to the public. You can find the current schedule here.
We do not have a physical office, nor is there a telephone number.
You can contact the board through the contact form found here.
Or you can email us at:
Or, you can mail us at:
Island County Tourism Committee
P.O. Box 365
Coupeville, WA 98239
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
This website use Google Analytics and Alexa Analytics. Google Analytics and Alexa Analytics are web analytics tools that track how people use the website and help website owners understand how visitors engage with their website. We may collect information about your computer, including your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and in order to create reports. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual. We want to know things like which pages are popular and where people are when they visit the site. This information helps us refine our marketing effort and makes sure our website is operating correctly. Google Analytics and Alexa Analytics customers can view a variety of reports about how visitors interact with their website so that they can improve it.
Like many services, Google Analytics and Alexa Analytics use first-party cookies to track visitor interactions with the website. We then use the information to compile reports and to help us improve our site.
Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. These cookies are used to store information, such as the time that the current visit occurred, whether the visitor has been to the site before and what site referred the visitor to the web page.
Google Analytics and Alexa Analytics collect information anonymously. It reports website trends without identifying individual visitors.
We also collect some user information directly.
- When you email us, either directly or using the email address listed above, we receive your email address along with a name associated with it and whatever you write in the body of the email. We may or may not store the email for future reference. If you don’t wish us to save the email, please tell us and we’ll respect your wishes.
- When you sign up for our newsletter, we require an email address, a first name, and a last name. We request that you share a full address with us (city, state, country, zip or postal code), but that is NOT necessary. We let you choose whether you want the email as plain text or as html for a better visual experience.
We do not share our newsletter email list with anyone.
You may unsubscribe from our newsletter at any time, using either of these methods:
a. When you receive an email from us, scroll to the bottom and click the unsubscribe button.
b. Email or write to us requesting that you unsubscribe from the newsletter.
- All of our images are copyrighted, either by us or by the photographer. As a service to our media partners, we share some images. However, we want to know who we’re sharing with. In our Marketing/Image Gallery section, you must register to get access to online high-quality images. We retain that registration, including username, email, and IP address, in the website database. We do this for two reasons:
a. So that you may get additional images without re-registering.
b. We want a record of who has accessed our high-quality images.
When you register, you may receive an email from us asking if there is anything we can do to help in your image search. We will gladly remove anyone from the database if you have not actually taken any images.
- In our lodging section, if you use the “send an inquiry” feature, you are sending an email to the individual lodging with a copy to us. The lodging may choose to answer, keep, or delete the email. We keep our copy.
- We may run contests on our website that require some sort of sign-up in order to enter. The rules, including what information we collect and how we store it and/or share it, will be included or linked from the contest sign-up page.
We also collect some user information from our email newsletter
- When provided, we will analyze our email list for demographic information, such as location, age, and gender of our email audience so that we may improve other marketing efforts.
- We use a service, Mailchimp, to send out our monthly newsletter as well as other email. Mailchimp automatically places single pixel gifs, also known as web beacons, in every email sent by us. These are tiny graphic files that contain unique identifiers that enable Mailchimp and us to recognize when our subscribers have opened an email or clicked certain links. These technologies record each subscribers email address, IP address, date, and time associated with each open and click for a campaign. We use this data to create reports about how an email campaign performed and what actions subscribers took.
- Should you choose to unsubscribe, Mailchimp does not automatically remove your email address from our files. We believe that, by unsubscribing, you wish to be forgotten. So, we will periodically manually delete all unsubscribed email addresses.