Does the dad in your life deserve a special round of golf on his day?
An island golf getaway is both easy and affordable on Whidbey and Camano Islands, and that makes it a perfect way to spend Father’s Day weekend, or any other time, as well.
Whidbey and Camano Islands are in the rain shadow of the Olympic Mountains, meaning there’s typically less rainfall than the rest of the Pacific Northwest.
- Camano’s Camaloch golf course is a beautiful celebration of the game. The wide tree-lined 18-hole course has a complete pro shop along with a bar and grille.
- The Holmes Harbor golf course in Freeland is an 18-hole course with beautiful views of Holmes Harbor. There is a pro shop and the course is near some of the finest dining around.
- Oak Harbor’s Gallery Golf Course is open to the public even though it’s part of Naval Air Station Whidbey. The 18-hole course features spectacular views of the Olympic Mountains. It has a driving range and pro shop, and is near all the activities that Oak Harbor offers.
- The Whidbey Golf Club is a semi-private club, offering affordable non-member rates. Enjoy 18 holes of golf surrounded by the natural beauty of the trees and water.
- Just a few miles south of Deception Pass is Lam’s Golf Links is a 9-hole course for those wanting to improve their short game. A miniature golf course makes this an outing for the entire family.
- Whidbey Island Greens is a 9-hole par 3 course and driving range that puts the fun and challenge back into golf. The course has some interesting elevation changes and other interesting golf challenges.